Taking Place During Heritage Week – August 19th to 26th
The first ever fully guided journey along the Passported Pilgrim Paths of Ireland will be part of the celebrations for Heritage Week, 2017. This offers an opportunity to walk Ireland’s most captivating medieval paths while accompanied by knowledgeable local guides. Advance booking is essential and must be made individually to each of the pilgrim paths.
You can partake in guide-led walks along the Irish pilgrim paths from August 19 to 26 which will be a celebration of Heritage Week. This is an ideal opportunity to complete some of Ireland’s most captivating paths with like-minded people. Participants can complete all 5 paths or undertake a lesser number. Advance booking must be made individually to each of the pilgrim paths. Details for doing this or obtaining information are listed below.
The paths in question are:
- St. Finbarr’s Pilgrim Path, Gougane Barra, Co Cork, (Aug 19/20): (028) 31547 or 086 1735134; firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook: St. Finbarr’s Pilgrim Walk.
- Cnoc na dTobar, Cahersiveen, Co Kerry (Aug 21): 087 7942134; email@example.com; Facebook: Cnoc na d’Tobar.
- Cosán na Naomh, Dingle, Co Kerry (Aug 22): 086 8191942; Email, firstname.lastname@example.org; Facebook; Cosán na Naomh/the Saints’Path
- St. Kevin’s Way, Glendalough, Co Wicklow (Aug 24): 083 4328442 or 087 2702099. Booking: email@example.com; Facebook: glendaloughpilgrimage.
- Tóchar Phádraig, Co Mayo (Aug 26): 094 9030934; email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Guides or Leaders will stamp your passports after each walk. With 5 stamps participants can personally obtain a Teastas (completion certificate) at journey’s end in Ballintubber Abbey. You will then be added to the list of Criochnóirí (those who have completed all five paths).